1. Fungi that grow on bark are said to be–
2. Pink mould is the common name for–
3. Which among the following is a large spectrum Antibiotic ?
4. Bakeries use yeast in breadmaking because it
(A) Makes the bread hard
(B) Makes the bread soft and spongy
(C) Enhances the food values
(D) Keeps the bread fresh
5. A disease caused by fungus is
(A) Round worm
6. An organsim which can monitor air pollution is
7. Which of the following is an example of parasitic alga?
8. Yeast is a _______.
9. Which organism is responsible for alcohol fermentation?
10. The sexual reproductive organs of aspergillus are:
(A) Spermatium and Oogonium
(B) Antheridium and Oogonium
(C) Spermatium and Ascogonium
(D) Antheridium and Ascogonium
11. The antibiotic pencillin is obtained from which of the following?
(A) Synthetic process
(B) A bacterium
(D) Virus infected cells
12. Which of the following is a fungal disease?
13. Sexual reproduction in Algae that takes place through fusion of two dissimilar size gametes is called?
14. Sexual reproduction in Algae that takes place through fusion of two similar size gametes is called?
15. What is study of fungus known as?