1. Blubber is–
(A) A milky secretion of rubber plant
(B) A layer of thick fat
(C) A device to trap insects by some aquatic
(D) Fungal infection of rice plants
2. Which one of the following is known as the ‘Immovable Property’ in the cell?
(D) Nucleic acid
3. DNA in a cell is a–
(A) Carboxylic acid (B) Nucleic acid
(C) Amino acid
(D) Fatty acid
4. Hyperplasia means–
(A) Abnormal increase in number of cells
(B) An increase in size of a cell
(C) Excessive motility of muscle
(D) Voracious eating
5. The basic structural and functional unit of living organisms is–
6. Of which tissue nails, hoofs and horns are made of–
7. Which one of the following is called the ‘Digestive Bag’ in the cell?–
(A) Golgi body
8. Which of the following organelles is called ‘Atom Bombs’?
(C) Golgi bodies
9. The largest cell in the human body is–
(A) Nerve Cell
(B) Muscle Cell
(C) Liver Cell
(D) Kidney Cell
10. Which one of the following cells produce antibodies?
11. The cells which are responsible for the production of antibodies are–
(A) Red blood cell
12. Which cells in our body have the least regenerative power?
(A) Brain cells
(B) Muscle cells
(C) Bone cells
(D) Liver cells
13. Which among the following bears smallest living cell?
14. Which cell disorder in our body is responsible
in colour blindness?
(B) Cone cell
(C) Rod Cell
15. What are the basic units from which human spare parts can be created?
(A) Nerve cells
(B) Stem cells
(C) Heart cells
(D) Kidney cells
16. Adherent mucoid alkaline substance coverin the inner lining of stomach is to-
(A) Digest starch
(B) Act against bacteria
(C) Prevent the action of pepsin of mucosa
(D) Prevent viral infection
17. Cell or tissue death within a living body is called as-
18. The tissue in man where no cell division occur after birth is
19. Leukaemia or blood cancer is characterised by abnormal increase of the
(A) Red blood cells
(B) White blood cells
(C) Blood platelets
(D) Blood plasma
20. The biological death of a patient means the death of tissues of the
21. In the human body, fats are stored in the-
(B) Adipose tissue
22. Which of the following cells secrete insulin?
(C) Nerve cells
(D) Beta cells
23. A cellulosic wall is found in the cells of-
24. Which of the following is a fibrous protein?
(A) Haemoglobin (B) Albumin
25. A prokaryotic cell does not have which of the following?
(B) Cell membrane
26. Which of the following is not a connective tissue?
(A) Adipose Tissue
(B) Compact Bone
(C) Cardiac Muscle
(D) Areolar Tissue
27. Which of the following is considered as physical basis of life?
(A) Cell wall
(B) Cell membrane
28. The body of all complex animals consist of only _______ basic types of tissue(s).
29. Which among the following does not have a cell wall?
30. Which among the following is not a connective tissue?