1. The branch of biology dealing with the study of cells is known as–
2. The basic structural and functional unit of living organisms is–
3. Plasma membrane in Eukaryotic cells is made up of–
4. Which of the following cytoplasmic organelles are treated as Prokaryotic cells within the Eukaryotic cells?
(B) Golgi bodies
5. Cell or Tissue death within a living body is called as–
6. The structure in cells which contains light absorbing pigment is–
(A) Endoplasmic Reticulum
7. Which one of the following is also called the ‘Power Plants’ of the cell?
(A) Golgi body
8. Which of the following is true?
(A) DNA is the genetic material in most of the organism
(B) RNA is the genetic material in most viruses and bacteria
(C) DNA is the genetic material in all the viruses
(D) RNA is the gentic material in all the viruses
9. Who among the following analysed DNA for the first time?
(A) Arthur Kornberg
(B) Hargobind khurana
(C) M. W. Nirenberg
(D) Waton and Crick
10. Which among the following bears smallest living cell?
11. Which of the following is a correct description of ‘tissue culture’?
(A) Conservation of forests and plantation
(B) Growth and propagation of horticultural crops
(C) Science of cultivating animal tissue in artificial medium
(D) Protection of wild animls
12. Bark of this tree is used as a condiment-
13. Name the tiny pores present on the surface of leaves in plants.
14. The plant that behaves as a root parasite is
15. In which of the following multiple epidermis is found?
16. The concept of tissue culture was introduced by
17. The cuticle is absent in
(A) Leaf (B) Stem
(C) Root (D) Fruit
18. The special modif ied epidermal cells surrounding stomatal pore are called
(A) Epithelial cells
(B) Guard cells
(C) Subsidiary cells
(D) Accessory cells
19. Intercalary meristems are found in
(B) Lateral bud
(C) Terminal bud
(D) Inter node
20. Leaves of many grasses are capable of folding and unfolding because
(A) Their mesophyll is not diffentiated into palisade and spongy parenchyma
(B) They have stomata on both sides of the leaf
(C) They have high levels of silica
(D) They have specialised bulli form cells
21. From which part of opium plant we get morphine?
(D) Fruit coat
22. Outside the nucleus DNA is found in-
(A) Golgi bodies
(D) Endoplasmic reticulum
23. Morphology of Chromosomes can be best studied at
24. Stem cells which are capable of developing into other types of cells come from the
25. Plant cell wall is made up of
26. Which of the following organisms does not fit
into the Cell Theory?
27. _____ are a group of chemicals that influence cell division and shoot formation.
28. In eukaryotic cells sythesis of RNA takes place in the____.
29. Which of the following is the Controlling Center of the Cell?
30. The suicidal bags of the cell are-
31. What is the transplantation of graft between genetically identical individuals ?
32. The xylem in plants are responsible for:
(A) Transport of water
(B) Transport of food
(C) Transport of amino acids
(D) Transport of oxygen
33. Which liquid is contained inside the nucleus of a cell?
34. Which of the following cell organelle is present only in plant cell?
(A) Mitochondria (B) Cell wall
(C) Cell membrane (D) Vacuole
35. Endoplasmic Reticulum are rough because of _____ present on their surface.
(A) Golgi bodies (B) Plastids
(C) Lysosomes (D) Ribosomes
36. Which of the following cell organelle is present in both plant and animal cell?
(A) Cell wall
37. What is the nature of cell membrane?
(D) Freely permeable
38. Which of the following cell organelle is responsible for cellular respiration?
(A) Golgi bodies
39. Which of the following cell organelle is also called as ‘Suicidal Bag of Cell’?
40. Which of the following cell organells are present only in plant cell?
(A) Cell membrane
(B) Cell wall
41. Cellulose is an example of which kind of nutrient?
(A) Fat (B) Carbohydrate
(C) Protein (D) Vitamin
42. Which of the following cell organells are present only in plant cell?
(C) Cell membrane
43. What is the name of a group of similar cells performing a specific function?
(C) Organ system
(D) Cellular organization
44. Plant tissues are of how many types?
45. What is plant cell wall mainly composed of?
46. The meristem which occurs between mature tissues is known as _________meristem.