1. _______ fibre is used in making bulletproof vests.
2. What is the full form of PVC?
(A) Phosphonil vinyl Carbonate
(B) Polyvinyl S Carbonate
(C) Polyvinyl Carbonate
(D) Polyvinyl Chloride
3. Which fibre is used for making bristles of brushes .
4. Which among the following is false about natural rubber?
(A) It is an elastomer
(B) It is a monomer of cis-isoprene
(C) Natural rubber is a polymer of chloroprene
(D) It is heated with sulphur compounds to
improve its properties
5. Which of the following is a Synthetic rubber?
6. Milbemycin is used in the eradication of _____.
(A) Agricultural Fungus
(B) Agricultural Pests
(C) Agricultural Herbs
(D) Agricultural Weeds
7. Plastic bottles are made of a polymer called PET. The expanded form of PET is
(A) Polyethylene terephthalate
(B) Polyethyl terelene
(C) Polyethylene triphosphate
(D) Polyethyl tetrachloride
8. In chemistry, soap is a salt of a ____.
(A) Fatty acid
(D) Ammounium Carbonate
9. The brand name Teflon represents which polymer?
(D) Polyethylene terephthalate
10. Which is widely used in the plastic industry for manufacturing Bakelite?
(A) Ethyl Alcohol
11. Which of the following is used as raw material for the manufacture of rayon?
12. Barbituric acid and its derivatives are well known as–
13. The helical structure of protein is stabilized by
(A) Dipeptide bonds
(B) Hydrogen bonds
(C) Ester bonds
(D) Peptide bonds
14. The sugar which is not a disaccharide
15. Which one of the following is non-reducing sugar?
16. Which of the following is a biodegradable polymer?
(C) Polyvinyl chloride
17. Which of the following is related to the discovery of Nylon?
(A) Louis Pasteur
(B) John Cabot
(C) J. Nicephore Niepce
(D) Dr. Wallace H. Carothers
18. PVC is obtained by the polymerization of –
(B) Vinyl chloride
19. Polyethene is formed by –
20. Which one of the following is a Natural Polymer?
21. G lycogen, Cellu lose and starch are the polymers of–
22. Which of the following element is used for vulcanisation of rubber?
23. The process of heating of Rubber with sulphur to increase its quality is known as–
24. Natural rubber is a polymer of–
25. Bakelite is a polymer of Phenol and
26. Which one of the following is a synthetic polymer?
27. Which among the following is a petroleum wax?
(A) Honey Wax
(B) Paraffin Wax
(C) Jojoba Wax
(D) Carnauba Wax
28. Wax used for making candles is chemically a mixture of–
(A) Aliphatic Hydrocarbons
(B) Aromatic Hydrocarbons
(C) Cyclic Hydrocarbons
(D) Aliphatic and Aromatic Hydrocarbons
29. Petroleum is a Mixture of –
30. Which of the following could be used as fuel in
propellant of Rockets?
(A) Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid Nitrogen
(B) Liquid Oxygen + Liquid Argon
(C) Liquid Nitrogen + Liquid oxygen
(D) Liquid Hydrogen + Liquid oxygen
31. Glycol is added to aviation gasoline because
(A) Prevents freezing of petrol
(B) Reduces consumption of petrol
(C) Reduces evaporation of petrol
(D) Increase efficiency of petrol
32. Aqueous Hydrolysis of sucrose formed –
(A) Only Lactose
(B) Only Glucose
(C) Glucose and Fructose
(D) Glucose and Lactose
33. Glucose is a type of –
(A) Pentose Sugar
(B) Hexose Sugar
(C) Tetrose Sugar
(D) Diose Sugar
34. The class of drugs used for the treatment of stress is
The drug which lowers anxiety and providepeace
(C) Pain killer
35. The branch of medicine involving synthetic
chemical compounds is–
36. Zinc Phosphide is commonly used as –
(D) None of these
37. Which of the following gas is used to destroy
38. Substance which are used as a food preservative–
(A) Sodium carbonate
(B) Tartaric acid
(C) Acetic acid
(D) Sodium salts of benzoic acids
39. Which gas is used as a disinfectant in drinking
40. Match the following–
A. Copper 1. Fertilizer Sulphate
B. Penicillin 2. Insecticide
C. Urea 3. Antifungal
D. Malathion 4. Antibiotic
A B C D
(A) 1 2 3 4
(B) 2 4 1 3
(C) 3 4 1 2
(D) 4 3 2 1
41. ‘Saponification’ is a process by which–
(A) Soap is prepared
(B) Sulphur is extracted
(C) Plastic is prepared
(D) Protein is identified.
42. What is the by Product obtained in soap
(A) Caustic soda
(C) Caustic Potash
43. The process involved in the making of soap is–
44. Glycol is used to manufacture which of the following?
(B) Artificial silk
45. Which of the following is used as non-stick
coating for cooking utensils?
46. The antiseptic compound present in Dettol is–
47. KMnO4 can be used as –
48. Tincture of iodine is a solution of Iodine in –
(A) Potassium iodide
(B) Ethyl alcohol
(D) Sodium chloride
49. Terylene is a condensation polymer of ethylene
glycol and which acid?
(A) Benzoic Acid
(B) Salicylic acid
(C) Phthalic acid
(D) Terephthalic acid
50. Which of the following fibres is considered as the strongest natural fibre?
51. Which of the following is a natural polymer?
52. Synthetic detergents are prepared from
(A) Potassium salts of higher fatty-acids
(B) Sodium salts of higher fatty-acids
(C) Hydrocarbons of petroleum
53. Which of the following gas is used in bulb?
(C) Carbon monoxide
54. Chlorine gas is a major component of which of
(B) Tear gas
(C) Liquified Petroleum Gas
(D) Gobar gas
55. In which of the following silicon is not used?
(A) Solar Panels
(B) IC manufacturing
(C) Optical glass
(D) Ink pen
56. Which among the following is used in fire
I. Carbon dioxide
III. Sulphur dioxide
(A) Only I
(B) Only II
(C) Only III
(D) All options are correct.
57. Bleaching action of Chlorine is due to which
58. Which of the following is used for ripening of
59. What is the major component of Gobar Gas?
60. Rock Salt contains which mineral?
61. Which of the following elements are commonly
found in most fertilizers?
(A) Sodium, Potassium, Phosphorous
(B) Sodium, Potassium, Calcium
(C) Nitrogen, Potassium, Phosphorous
(D) Nitrogen, Potassium, Calcium
62. What is a Vermicompost?
(A) Organic fertilizer
(B) Inorganic fertilizer
(C) Toxic Substance
(D) Type of soil
63. What is dry ice?
(A) Solid Carbon dioxide
(B) Solid Nitrogen dioxide
(C) Solid Sulphur dioxide
(D) Solid Water
64. PET is a very familiar form of _____________. It
is used for making bottles.
65. Which acid is released when an ant bites?
(A) Hydrochloric Acid
(B) Formic Acid
(C) Acetic Acid
(D) Phosphoric Acid
67. In which industry Potassium nitrate is used
(A) Glass manufacturing
(C) Fire cracker manufacturing
(D) Leather industry
68. Which among the following is used to treat
69. Which base is present in soap?
(A) Sodium hydroxide
(B) Silicon dioxide
(C) Calcium hydroxide
(D) Ammonium hydroxide
70. Which fibre is also called as artificial silk?
71. Fire extinguishers emit which gas?
(A) Carbon monoxide
(C) Carbon dioxide
72. ___________ is obtained by evaporation of sea.
73. The rubbing surface of a matchbox has
powdered glass and a little red ________________.
74. A __________ thread is actually stronger than a
75. Fabric made from_________ does not get wrinkled easily.