1. The book ‘Genera Plantarum’ was written by–
(B) Bentham and Hooker
(C) Engler and Prantle
2. Where is the Botanical Survey of India Headquartered?
3. Plants differ from animals in having-
(C) Localised growth
4. The age of trees is determined by its:
(C) Growth rings
(D) General appearance
5. The presence of what distinguishes a plant cell from an animal cells?
(B) Cell wall
(C) Cell membrance
6. What is a sponge?
(A) A fossil
(B) A plant
(C) An animal
(D) A fungus
7. Flowerless plants are termed as:
8. Bryophytes are often called an amphibian plants because they-
(A) Appear like frog
(B) Are found both in water and on land
(C) Do not have habitat preference
(D) Can eat insects
9. Taxonomy is a science that deals with
(D) Economic uses
10. Stamens are fused with each other by their anthers and also with petals in:
11. Pulses are obtained from the family.
12. Which word is common in the botanical names of trees like Ashoka, Tamarind, or coral?
13. What do you call the study of fungi?
14. ‘Agronomy’ is the practice of raising___________.
(A) Plants and Animals
(B) Crop plants
(D) Fruit plants only
15. What is a Pepper plant?
16. Ferns belong to which division of plants?
17. Which of the following is not true about Pteridophyta?
(A) Dominant phase is saprophytes
(B) Main plant body is diploid
(C) Seeds are present
(D) Flowers are absent
18. Which of the following is not true about Bryophyta?
(A) Dominant phase is gametophytes
(B) Main plant body is haploid
(C) Spores are homospores
(D) Flowers are present
19. For the aquatic organisms, the source of food is
(B) Sea Weed
(C) Aqua plankton
20. Who among the following is known as ‘Father of Biology’?
(D) Edward Jenner
21. Bamboo is a type of _____.
22. Who proposed five kingdom classification?
(A) Ernst Mayr
(B) R. H. Whittaker
(C) M. W. Beijerinck
(D) D. I. Ivanovsky
23. Potato, tomato and brinjal are three different species but all belong to which genus?
24. In the names Mangifera indica (mango), Solanum tuberosum (potato) and Panthera leo (lion), what does the three names, indica, tuberosum and leo, represent?
(A) Binomial Nomenclature
(B) Taxonomic Hierarchy
(D) Specific Epithet
25. _______ are chlorophyll-bearing, simple, thalloid, autotrophic, and largely aquatic (both freshwater and marine organisms.
26. In the names Mangifera indica (mango), Solanum tuberosum (potato), and Panther Leo (lion), the terms Mangifera, So Lanum, and Panthera represent the higher level of?
(B) Taxonomic Hierarchy
(C) Specific Epithet
(D) Binomial Nomenclature
27. Which of the following is not among the 3 main classes of Algae?
(A) Chloro phyceae (B) Rhodop hyceae
(C) Phaeo phyceae (D) Gymno sperms
28. The members of Rhodophyceae are commonly called _________ algae.
29. The members of Phaeophyceae are commonly called _________ algae.
(A) Green (B) Brown
(C) Red (D) Yellow
30. Among plants, three different genera Solanum, Petunia, and Datura are placed in which family?
31. The members of Chlorophyceae are commonly called _________ algae.
32. Which of the following is not correct?
(A) Members of Chlorophyceae are commonly called green algae
(B) Members of Phaeophyceae are commonly called red algae
(C) Members of Rhodophyceae are commonly called red algae
(D) Members of Phaeophyceae are commonly called brown algae
33. The predominant stage of the life cycle of a moss is the gametophyte which consists of two stages. The second stage is the ___________ stage.
34. Bryophytes are also called ____________ of the plant kingdom.