1. Which among the following is an endothermic reaction?
(D) Burning of natural gas
2. Name the catalyst used in the conversion of milk into curd.
3. What does a catalyst do in a reaction ?
(A) Changes potential energy of reactants
(B) Changes kinetic energy of reactants
(C) Changes potential energy of products
(D) Changes activation energy
4. The unit of ionic Product of water (Kw) is–
(A) Mol2 ltr–1
(B) Mol2 ltr–2
(C) Mol–1 ltr2
(D) Mol–1 ltr–1
5. Which one of the following has highest value of specific heat?
(A) Glass (B) Copper
(C) Lead (D) Water
6. Which one of the following is known as solution?
(B) Homogeneous mixture
(C) Heterogeneous mixture
7. Electrolysis of copper sulphate solution with copper electrodes gives–
(A) Copper at cathode and oxygen at anode
(B) Copper at anode and oxygen at cathode
(C) Copper dissolve itself to give copper at cathode and anode.
(D) Hydrogen at cathode and oxygen at anode
9. In a rechargeable cell what kind of energy is stored within the cell?
(A) Electric energy
(B) Potential energy
(C) Kinetic energy
(D) Chemical energy
10. Which acid is stored in batteries?
(A) Hydrochloric acid
(B) Sulphuric acid
(C) Acetic acid
(D) Nitric acid
11. Which of the following pairs of Material is commonly used in rechargeable batteries used in Torch Lights, Electric Shaver etc.
(A) Iron and Cadmium
(B) Nickel and Cadmium
(C) Lead and Lead per oxide
(D) Zinc and Carbon
12. What happens during the charging of Lead operated battery?
(A) SO2 is formed
(B) Consumption of Lead Sulphate
(C) Lead is Formed
(D) Consumption of sulphuric acid
13. Catalyst are those substances–
(A) Which increase rate of reaction
(B) Which decrease rate of reaction
(C) Does not affect the rate of reaction
(D) None of these
14. When H2 gas is allowed to expand from a region of High pressure to a region of Low pressure the temperature of gas–
(A) Decreases to a small extent
(C) Does not change
(D) Decreases suddenly.
15. Example of Aerosol is –
B) River water
16. In a reaction of type A + B C + D one could ensure it, to be a First order reaction by–
(A) Increasing the concentration of a Product
(B) Increasing the concentration of a reactant
(C) Increasing the temperature
(D) Adding a catalyst
17. Blood may be purified by–
18. Isotonic solutions have equal.
(A) Vapour pressure
(B) osmotic pressure
(C) boiling point
(D) freezing point
19. Strong electrolytes are those which –
(A) dissolve readily in water
(B) conduct electricity.
(C) dissociate into ions even at high concentration
(D) dissociate into ions at high dilution.
20. Which of the following is not a crystalline solid?
(C) Copper sulphate
21. The two specific Heats of gases are related by–
(A) CP–CV = R
(B) CP–CV = R
(C) CP/CV = R
(D) CP+CV = R
22. What is the value of Gas constant ‘R’ in erg per degree per mol?
23. Enzyme which coagulate the milk into curd–
24. Which one of the following is an Example of gel?
(C) Facial cream
(D) None of these
25. What changes will happen to a bowl of ice and water kept at exactly zero degree Celsius?
(A) All ice will melt
(B) All water will become ice
(C) No change will happen
(D) Only some ice melts
26. Water and ice crystal are in equilibrium at 0ºC. when pressure is applied to this system–
(A) More of the ice becomes water
(B) No effective change occur
(C) Water changes to vapor
(D) More amount of ice is formed
27. Light Scattering take place in–
(A) Colloidal solution
(B) Acidic Solution
(C) Basic Solution
(D) Electrolytic Solution.
28. Muddy water is treated w ith alum inPurification process–
29. Alum is used for the water treatment in the process named–
(D) Electro osmosis
30. Which of the following is used to Purify the muddy water?
(A) Common salt
(B) Potash alum
(C) Aluminium Powder
(D) Bleaching Powder
31. Suspended colloidal particles in water can be
removed by the process of –
32. Alum stops bleeding in a minor cut because of–
33. Cloud is a colloidal of –
(A) Air in a dispersion medium of water
(B) Fog in a dispersion medium of water
(C) Mist in a dispersion medium of air
(D) Water drop in a dispersion medium of air.
34. An Emulsion is a colloid of a –
(A) Gas in a Liquid
(B) Liquid in a Liquid
(C) Liquid in a Gas
(D) Gas in a Solid
35. Milk is a –
(A) Emulsion (B) Suspension
36. A colloidal system in which a Liquid is dispersed in a Liquid is called –
37. Which of the following is strongest coagulant?
(A) Zinc Chloride
(B) Aluminum Chloride
(C) Barium Chloride
(D) Magnesium Sulphate
38. Warming Ammonium chloride with sodium hydrochloride in a test tube is an example of
(A) Open system
(B) Closed system
(C) Isobaric system
(D) Isothermal system
39. An eudiometer measures
(A) Atmospheric pressure
(C) Volume of gases
(D) Vapour pressure
40. Which of the following is not a donor atom?
41. Which one of the following non-metals shows allotropy in the liquid state?
43. An emulsion is a colloidal solution of
(A) Liquid in liquid
(B) Solid in liquid
(C) Gas in solid
(D) Solid in Solid
44. Which among the following is an example of solid sol?
(A) Milk of magnesia
(C) Coloured gemstones
45. Which among the following is not an example of emulsion?
(A) Chocolate milk
(C) Whipped Cream
46. What is the process of conversion of solid state directly to gaseous state called?
47. Fog, clouds, mist are examples of _______.
(B) Solid sol