1. The rootless plant is –
2. Sporangia bearing leaf of a fern is called as–
3. ‘Coralloid Root’ of Cycas helps in–
(A) Absorption of water
(B) Absorption of water and fixation of nitrogen
(D) Transport of food
4. Flowerless plants are termed as–
(A) Phanerogams (B) Bryophytes
(C) Thallophytes (D) Cryptogams
5. The smallest flowering plant is–
(A) Wolffia (B) Lemma
(C) Azolla (D) Ficus
6. The tallest plant in the world is–
(A) Eucalyptus (B) Pierocarpus
(C) Polyalthia (D) Tectona
7. An Example of false fruit is–
8. Animals living in the tree trunks are known as–
9. Ginger is a stem and not a root because–
(A) It stores food material
(B) It grows horizontally in the soil
(C) It has nodes and internodes
(D) It lacks chlorophyll
10. A plant with compound leaves is–
(A) Papaya (B) Coconut
(C) Peepal (D) Hibiscus
11. The tallest and thickest type of grass is–
(A) Alfalfa (B) Fodder
(C) Bamboo (D) Lichens
12. Which of the following is a Parthenocarpic fruit?
13. Cuscuta is a–
(A) Partial stem parasite
(B) Complete stem parasite
(C) Partial root parasite
(D) Complete root parasite
14. The floral part that produces pollen grains is–
15. In cauliflower plant, the useful part is–
(A) Underground stem
(C) Young Inflorescence
16. The dried flower buds are used as a spice in–
17. From which one of the following is quinine extracted?
18. The bark of this plant is used as a condiment–
19. In coriander, the useful parts are–
(A) Roots and Leaves
(B) Leaves and Flowers
(C) Leaves and Dried fruits
(D) Flowers and Dried fruits
20. Clove, the commonly used spice is obtained from the–
(C) Flower Bud
21. Hashish is obtained from a plant. From which part of the plant is it obtained?
(C) Exudate from leaves and female inflorescences
(D) Exudate from stem and male inflorescences
22. From which part of a plant is turmeric obtained?
23. Ginger is a modified with–
24. ‘Comose’ seeds are seeds with–
(A) Long hairs
25. A plant which reproduces by means of spores–
26. Which of the fruit develops from an inflorescence?
27. A plant with fibrous root system is–
28. The age of trees is determined by its–
(C) Growth Rings
(D) General Appearance
29. Study of field crops is called
30. Carrot is orange in colour because
(A) It grows in the soil
(B) It is not exposed to sunlight
(C) It contains carotene
(D) The entire plant is orange in colour
31. The floral part that receives pollen-grains during pollination is
(A) ovaiy (B) style
(C) stigma (D) ovules
32. An edible underground stem is
33. Plants which flower only once in their life time are known as
(A) polycarpic (B) monocarpic
(C) monogamous (D) monogeneric
35. The plant from which cocoa and chocolate are obtained is a-
(C) Small tree
(D) Very big tree
36. Resin is a product of
(B) Coniferous trees
(C) Rubber are
(D) Banyan tree
37. Water of coconut is
(A) Liquid nucellus
(B) Liquid mesocarp
(C) Liquid endocarp
(D) Degenerated liquid endosperm
38. Bulbils takes part in-
(A) Sexual reproduction
(B) Vegetative reproduction
(C) Food storage
39. Stem is usually-
(A) Positively Phototropic
(B) Negavtively Phototropic
(C) Negativiely geotropic
(D) Positively acrotropic
40. Root hairs arise from
41. The gametophyte is called prothallus in
42. The best example of Polyembryony is-
43. The oilseed of which plant is not edible-
(B) Cotton seed
44. Which fruit has its seed outside?
(D) Cashew nut
45. Cactus is referred to as
46. How many neck canal cells are found in the archegonium of a fern?
(A) One (B) Two
(C) Three (D) Four
47. Which angiosperm is vessel less?
48. Water conduction take place in mosses through
(A) Xylem and Phloem
49. Sporangia bearing leaf of a fern is called
50. The sexual reproductive organs of aspergillus are-
(A) Spermatium and Oogonium
(B) Antheridium and Oogonium
(C) Spermatium and Ascogonium
(D) Antheridium and Ascogonium
58. Which of the following bears flowers?
59. Parallel venation is found in _______ .
(A) Plants which are monocots
(B) Plants which have a dicot stem
(C) Plants with leaves similar to Tulsi
(D) Plants with tap roots
60. Which of the following is not true about Gymnosperms?
(A) Dominant phase is saprophytes
(B) Vascular bundles are absent
(C) Spores are heterospores
(D)Flowers are absent
61. Which of the following is not true about Angiosperms?
(A) Dominant phase is gametophytes
(B) Vascular bundles are present
(C) Spores are heterospores
(D)Seeds are covered
62. ____________ is a leaf where the leaflets are arranged along the middle vein.
(A) Pinnately compound leaf
(B) Palmately compound leaf
(C) Compound leaf
63. Which among the following type of trees are also called as sun loving trees?
51. The pollination of maize takes place by-
(A) Self- pollination
(B) Pollination by insects
(C) Pollination by air
(D) Pollination by rain
52. Companion cells are unique to
53. Potato is a ?
54. Mangroves are plants that have-
(A) Modified Roots
(B) Modified Stems
(C) Respiratory Roots
(D) Respiratory Stems
55. Which of the following plants have root nodules ?
(A) Leguminous plants
(B) Parasitic plants
(C) Epiphytic plants
(D) Aquatic plants
56. The auxiliary buds ______________.
(A) Grow endogenously from the pericycle
(B) Arise endogenously from the main growing point
(C) Is an embryonic shoot located in the axil of a leaf
(D) Arise exogenously from the epidermis
57. Organisms that use light to prepare food are known as _____.
(A) Autotrophs (B) Heterotrophs
(C) Omnivores (D) Decomposers
64. The chicory powder which is mixed with coffee powder is obtained from which of the following part of plant?
(A) Stem (B) Fruit
(C) Flower (D) Root
65. Onion is an example of bulb, which is a modified ______.
66. Potato is an example of ______.
67. Which of the following is the highest source of protein?
(A) Sun flower
68. Turmeric is a modified _____.
69. Arrangement of leaves in a plant is called as ______.
70. Which among the following is an example of dicot seed?
71. Wheat is a ______.