1. The technique of recording and reproducing three-dimensional images of an object is called-
2. Proximal type of instrument is-
(a) a dial gauge
(b) a load cell
(c) a photography camera
(d) a thermometer
3. The instrument with a digital output is
(a) an anhydrous barometer
(b) an automatic vehicle meter
(c) a pendulum clock
(d) a micrometer screw gauge
4. Which of the following instruments is used to measure the humidity of the air?
(a) Hydrometer (b) Episometer
(c) Hygrometer (d) Barometer
5. Which of the following is used to measure height?
(a) Barometer (b) Planimeter
(c) Altimeter (d) Hydrometer
6. Match List – I with List- II : List- I List- II
(A) Photometer (A) Milk purity
(B) Lactometer (B) Air pressure
(C) Seismometer (C) Light intensity
(D) Barometer d) Intensity code of seismic waves :
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 3 1 4 2
(d) 3 4 1 2
7. What is the rotation per second of a flying wheel measured?
(a) Barometer (b) Anemometer
(c) Hygrometer (d) Stroboscope
8. Hygrometer is used to measure
(a) Relative density of matter
(b) Purity of milk
(c) Relative humidity
(d) Atmospheric pressure
9. By which instrument the recorded dictation is reproduced?
(c) Gramophone (d) Microphone
10. Bofort scale ……………. is used to measure.
(a) speed of wind (b) intensity of sound
(c) power of chemical solution
(d) none of the three is correct
11. Electroscope is a device which-
(a) for propagation of electric charge
(b) to produce spark
(c) to determine the magnitude of charge
(d) to magnify electrons so that they are visible Yes
12. Atmospheric pressure is measured by
(a) Barometer (b) Hydrometer
(c) Hygrometer (d) Lactometer
13. What is measured by altimeter?
(a) atmospheric pressure
(b) height above ground level
(c) strength of electric current
(d) difference in hearing
14. The depth of the sea is generally measured by?
(a) Feet (b) Fatum
(c) Natical (d) Round
15. Sphagmomanometer medical instrument is used to test
(a) Hormone action (b) Brain tumor
(c) Intestinal function (d) Blood pressure
16. Current is measured by
(a) Voltmeter (b) Anemometer
(c) Commutator (d) Ammeter
17. The word “MACH” is used to measure the speed of
(c) Ship (d) Airplane
18. The device used to measure the potential difference is known as :
(a) potentiometer (b) ammeter
(c) voltmeter (d) galvanometer
19. What is atmospheric pressure measured by? (a) Barometer (b) Thermometer
(c) Photometer (d) Chronometer
20. Manometer is used for-
(a) to measure short distances
(b) to measure humidity
(c) to measure fluctuations in current
(d) to measure pressure
21. What does the Fadometer record?
(c) Depth of the sea
22. Which of the following weather conditions is indicated by a sudden drop in the barometer reading?
(a) Stormy season
(b) Calm season
(c) Cold and dry season
(d) Hot and sunny season
23. Which of the following units is used to measure very short distances?
24. The angular distance between two objects is measured by- (
a) Spectroscope (b) Spectrometer
(c) Sperometer (d) Head
25. Which of the following system is used in electrolysis of water?
(a) Ammeter (b
) Potentiometer (c) Voltmeter (d) Thermometer
26. Charged particle accelerator which can accelerate charged particles with high energy is called:
27. What is the wind speed measured by?
(a) Anemometer (b) Tachometer
(c) Barometer (d) Earthquake
28. Which of the following devices is designed to protect electrical equipment from voltage spikes?
(a) Voltage Unloader
(b) Surge Protector
(c) Heat Protector
(d) Current Unloader
29. An instrument used to examine the digestive tract of a person is called:
(A) Oscilloscope (B) Microscope
(C) Endoscope (D) Radiograph
(a) D (b) A
(c) B (d) ) C
30. Which of the following launch vehicle was used by ISRO for the successful launch of the communication satellite GSAT-19?
(a) GSLV Mk III-d1
32. From which of the following places ISRO has launched 31 satellites in one mission? (a) Ahmedabad (b) Bhopal (c) Sriharikota (d) Bangalore
33. What does the odometer of a motor vehicle measure?
(a) Fuel (b) Speed
(c) Distance (d) Smell